The Towns of Mapleton and Castle Hill first began sharing municipal services in 1947, when the two towns approved sharing one Town Manager. Chapman adopted the Town Manager form of government in 1974 and joined services with Mapleton and Castle Hill.
The “Interlocal Agreement for Sharing Joint General and Administrative Expenses, Joint Highway Department Expenses and the Approval Process” formalized the Towns’ relationship and was first adopted in 1992.
The current version of the Interlocal Agreement for Mapleton, Castle Hill and Chapman was approved in 2009 and amended in 2015. The amended agreement and the amendment are attached below.